Saturday, 11 July 2015

A few words on finding my own style...




Do you follow the trends or stick to a more classic style? Or do you just wear what you love? I adore clothes and would much rather spend my money on a new frock than a fresh mascara. I wouldn't say I'm a huge trends sheep, and I would never wear something that I dislike, just because it's the hot garment of the moment. Having said that, before heading off to university last year, I definitely did feel the need to don a few trendy items each season. 

Since going away to university, I feel that I have found my personal style. I put it down to not being in the gossipy environment of high school anymore, becoming more of an actual adult, and moving to a city where people are on the whole, more diverse and expressive when it comes to fashion... sorry Birmingham, I still love you too!

I look back on outfits that I willingly wore not that many moons ago and cringe unbearably at my ensembles...
"How did I feel comfortable in that?!"
"What on earth was I thinking?!"
"Never again."
These exclamations buzz around my head when I  cast my mind back to my old style. It's amazing how quickly personal tastes can change, and it's amazing how swiftly trends go out of fashion. 

Finding my personal style has taken many years, and it's totally different to what I favoured to wear a couple of years back. Although it can be fun to follow what's hot right now and buy into the current fashions, I have found that doing so often results in cringe-worthy memories. For me, sticking to classic styles and what I now feel comfortable and myself in, regardless of if it's currently on the cat walk, is best... and certainly reduces my feelings of fashion regret! 

Polly 
x

4 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting topic! Sometimes I kinda wish I had a defined style but I also kinda love that I can switch things up on a daily basis.
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Switching things up is fun! Although I think I've found my own style, I still make sure to have an assorted of different things haha :) x

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way. I never follow trends, I just buy whatever I like (and mostly, what I can afford lol)

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good approach haha! :) x

      Delete