Friday, 18 March 2016

5 Things I'm Looking Forward to this Summer




Following on from my last post, today I'm bringing to you five things I'm looking forward to this summer! Screw you guilt... I'm bloody excited. 

Corfu!
Tom and I are going on our first proper holiday together this year! We've been on little trips but nothing as exciting as this. We're jetting off to Corfu at the end of June and we're both soooo happy to finally be going away together and be guaranteed some sun! I haven't been on a hot holiday for a couple of years, and so shopping is basically compulsory (not complaining at all). I just couldn't help myself and have already got my hands on a few bikinis... from Primark of course... why spend all my moneyzz on garments that us English gals only get out a couple of times a year?! 

Festival?! 
My friend Laura and I both really want to go to a festival this year. I've never been to a proper one... although when I was seven my parents took me to some strange festival in London where I saw Bob Dylan, so that's pretty cool. Laura and I both adore music and there are some brilliant line ups this year. I've actually been pretty naughty and keep on saying to Laura we should book tickets... and then I get cold feet. I'm a little bit worried about money - and the whole festival toilet situation... We will defo be paying the extra thirty quid to  have access to actual flushing toilets! I need to be decisive and brave and just go... I know I'll love it. 

Reading
During the summer, I get time to read books that I actually want to read! It can be hard to find the time to get through novels of my own choice when my lecturers demand that I read three (often rather dense) books a week!! Okay, I did sign up for an English Literature degree, but still... that's a lotta books. I love Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City books, and I'm planning on getting my teeth into Babycakes when June rolls around (not literally...). 

Pubs
There's just something about being in the city on a warm, still summer's evening, and strolling bare-legged to the pub for a nice cold pint that's soooo fab. With the weather being nice and sunny lately, I keep on getting little waves of memories from last spring/summer in Manchester, and people-watching outside busy bars with cider in hand. 

Blogging
Along with having more time to read over the summer, I have more time to blog - yay! I would love to be more consistent when it comes to blogging and approach the whole thing more professionally overall. Although I hope to do some part-time work over the warmer months and get a bit of money in my pocket, I will defo have lots more time to blog without the pressure of uni deadlines. 


What have you got planned for this summer?

Polly 
x

8 comments:

  1. I love a good Summer related post, I'm looking forward to Belsonic in Northern Ireland this year! plus blogging x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh this is such a lovely post, it's making me so excited for summer! I'm actually getting married in August so I'm looking forward to that, and my honeymoon! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Congrats, how exciting :D x

      Delete
  3. It's so refreshing to finally hear people mention summer after what seems like a very long winter! For probably the first time ever I'm actually looking forward to summer, I used to hate warm weather and preferred the cold but after spending a couple of months in the sunshine state that soon changed and I now appreciate the sun!

    http://www.livinginagoldenafternoon.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that this winter seemed to drag on for ages! Glad you're excited :) x

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, its nice to hear summer being mentioned and it looks liek you have lots to look forward to x

    http://www.northernmagpie.com/

    ReplyDelete